Monday, December 14, 2015

Instagram Obsessed - Behind the Lense

pic name pic name pic name

Nowadays there are lots of different social media sites. Of course, not every site is meant for everyone. For example, I do not use Vine or Snapchat that much. However, I couldn't live without watching other people's Vlogamases on YouTube, 140 characters of sassy responses on Twitter or my daily dose of pretty pictures on Instagram. There social media sites that you love right away but there are others that take some time to get use to them. That was how it was between me and Instagram. I couldn't understand how someone could take gorgeous pictures every day and sometimes even more than once. Then after joining BookTube I discovered the beautiful community of Bookstagram. Books are pretty and if you love them then taking nice pictures of them comes naturally. My account has been growing little by little so I figured I wanted to do some kind of behind the scenes for my photos.

pic name pic name pic name

Before and While Taking the Picture
Before taking the photo I like to arrange my stuff in a lot of different ways until I'm happy with the way it looks. Also I go through a creative process that involves a brainstorm session in my mind, just to have an idea of what I want. Nonetheless, there are some spontaneous pictures that turn out great. While taking the picture I use natural sunlight and I like to use a white background, but that is just my personal preference. I like to play around with the camera to take different angles for finding the perfect one.

Apps and Filters
I do not like to buy apps very much so all of the apps I use are free and do not have a water mark! Also I do not use many apps outside of Instagram but that is because I like the result and do not feel like doing anything more to the photos.
  • Ps Express App, this is the first app I use after taking a picture. What I like to do is to use the auto enhance function first. That brightens up the photo and makes it clearer. Then I like to play with some of the other features like the focus, reduce noise and reduce fog until I like the results. Finally, if I feel like I need it I add either the Vibrant or Spring filter. 
  • PhotoMarkr, I recently started using this to watermark my photos. I realized that if I didn't start doing this people could easily steal my pictures. On this app I just import the picture and then click on the watermark function. You could either add a image or a text, I recommend the text because by using this app the images can take a weird twist.
  • Instagram, this is the last app I use and it is for the final touches. The first thing I do after importing the picture is to click on the little sun button, that would automatically adjust the brightness, I think. Then I adjust the picture, just to make it straight or turn it a little to change the angle. After that I play around with the brightness, the contrast, the light, and the shadows until I like what I see. Lastly, I add a filter, lately Clarendo has been my favorite, I adjust the percentage and then attenuate the photo a little bit.
The image is ready! That is all I go through to make my perfect Instagram photo. It might seem like a lot but I have fun doing it. Also I have seen people that go through a lot more.

pic name pic name pic name

I'm in love with all of the Book Community everyone is so welcoming and it is easy to become friends with new people. I love books and I would like to spend the rest of my life working around them. I feel that the Internet opens up a lot of doors to all of the book lovers out there to be able to make a living out of books. By the way, here is my Instagram if you would like yo follow me and become friends. I hope this tips have been helpful to some of you out there and if you have some other tips and apps let me know in the comments. Also if you want to starts a Bookstagram or a Booktube just do it I guarantee you would have a lot of fun and you would meet lots of nice people.

No comments:

Post a Comment